Is Google Cloud or KeepSec right for you?
Google Cloud’s appeal is far-reaching, but its strongest capabilities include big data analytics applications, machine learning capabilities, and cloud-native applications, according to Gartner. The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a cloud computing service that runs on the same infrastructure that Google uses for its other products like Gmail and YouTube.
Google is newer to cloud than some of the other players on this list. Google Cloud has primarily been the provider of choice for small projects within enterprises, meaning it focuses on standalone efforts versus serving as an all-around strategic partner. When compared to AWS and Azure, Google has a relatively small global presence. In fact, it has no presence in China. While this may not mean much to companies that do business primarily in the US, this could pose growth challenges if you’re looking to expand abroad. When it comes to comparing Google Cloud with alternative providers like KeepSec, it's apples and oranges, Google is built for enterprises and all the complexity that comes with it, while providers like KeepSec are designed for the developer and small business looking for simplicity and much lower prices.
While Google Cloud Platforms' growth has been impressive over the last few years, profitability continues to be elusive. "The unit has lost at least $4 billion in each of the last three years, and finished 2020 with a loss of $5.61 billion on $13.06 billion in revenue," according to CNBC. If Google Cloud can't make a profit soon, some fear that Alphabet (Google Clouds' parent company) will be forced to focus on other sources of revenue that deliver higher returns for its shareholders. Where this leaves Google Cloud customers is to be seen, as outlined in an article by CRN.
|Free Cloud Firewall|
|Free DDoS Protection|
|Bare Metal Cloud Servers||Coming Soon|
|High Memory VM's|
|100% Free Human Support|
|1000+ Documentation Library|
|Simple API, CLI, and user friendly Cloud Interface|
|Flat predictible pricing|
|Free Bundled Transfer|
|Same Price Across Every Data Center|
|COMPANY PROFILE||Google Cloud||KeepSec|
|Public Cloud Offering Launched||2008||2022|
|Years Providing Public Cloud||13||1|
|Developer Owned & Operated|
|Data Center Regions||24||2|
|# of Cloud Products||~200||~15|
- Why Choose Google Cloud
- Why Choose KeepSec
- Prefer an independent cloud provider who puts customers first, without the investors or financial debt that can get in the way.
- Want the best customer support without restrictions. Free 100% human no-handoff support including the phone support that AWS doesn't offer.
- Advanced services like DDoS protection, Cloud GPU's and Kubernetes clusters.
- Local datacenter regions and company. KeepSec is based in Montreal, Canada with another datacenter in Quebec and one in Toronto. With Canadians data centers regions get the global reach and local presence you need.
- Security focused. KeepSec's doesn't have it's name just for show, we offer custom cybersecurity features with all our offerings to make your infrastructure more secure.
- Want the best hardware. KeepSec has the flexibility to choose the hardware that delivers the best price-performance. That's why we use the latest AMD EPYC CPUs.
Google Cloud vs KeepSec Prices comparison
Dedicated virtual machines for CPU-intensive applications
KeepSec 1 vCPU, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD vs. Google n1-custom-2-4096 2 vCPU, 4GB RAM, 80 GB SSD
GPU compute for AI, machine learning, video rendering and more
KeepSec GPU-accelerated 8 vCPU, 16 GB RAM, 320 GB SSD vs. Google n1-custom-8-32768 8 vCPU, 32 GB RAM, 640 GB SSD